We have an opportunity at our studio for an experienced and talented Lighter, with a proficiency in Maya, for current and upcoming projects.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Jul 13, 2022
Lighting artists are responsible for the lighting and rendering of elements needed to complete high-end photo realistic CG environments. This position involves adapting to the needs of a project as it progresses and potentially pivoting between roles for different projects.
- Create and/or modify lighting templates, as required.
- Photo-real shader development using the latest HDRI, GI, and normal mapping techniques.
- Understanding of multi-pass rendering, and how the passes will be used for final composite.
- Comfortable completing a diverse array of 3D tasks, such as; animation, modelling, rigging, texturing, shading, lighting, rendering, effects, scripting, tracking and compositing are a plus.
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment to deliver consistently high-quality work and troubleshoot technical problems on assigned shots.
- Interface effectively with artists in other departments to ensure the seamless integration of work between disciplines, for example communicating frequently with Nuke Compositors assigned to the same shots.
- Sharp organizational and time management skills, able to engage in varied projects simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail and working towards deadlines.
- Maintain a desire to deliver consistently highly quality aesthetic and technical work, while encouraging colleagues to strive for the same standards.
- Should effectively execute all necessary assigned tasks while under tight production schedule deadlines
Traits of successful FuseFX Lighter:
- 5+ years’ experience in a production environment.
- Strong creative and technical abilities including understanding of color theory, motion, lighting principals and LUTs.
- Proficiency in Maya and Vray Rendering System
- Knowledge of applicable software includes: 3dsMax, Houdini, Clarrise, Nuke, Zbrush, Mari, Mudbox, ptGui, Substance Painter/Designer.
- Experience in other renders, Anorld, Renderman and Redshift is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and team motivator
- Ability to work well in a team environment