WDCW/ WDVM is seeking a Lifestyle Show Videographer/ Editor. You will be more than just a shooter/editor, you’ll be a key contributor to the show. The ideal candidate will creatively light, shoot and edit segments for this new half-hour show from our state-of-the-art studio and in the field.
Live Event / On Location Services
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Jun 06, 2023
WDCW/ WDVM is seeking a Lifestyle Show Videographer/ Editor. You will be more than just a shooter/editor, you’ll be a key contributor to the show. The ideal candidate will creatively light, shoot and edit segments for this new half-hour show from our state-of-the-art studio and in the field. The Lifestyle Show Videographer/Editor will also be responsible for scouting, setting up and videotaping remote segments on location around Washington, DC and the DMV region and be a key contributor on segment ideas and the creative direction of the show. Knowledge of Washington, DC and the DMV region are a plus. The ideal candidate will be juggling multiple show segments and deadlines, so planning and organizational skills are a must. You’ll work with an Executive Producer, and two Host/ Producers and have support from the production department, marketing and creative services, and the digital team.
The Lifestyle Videographer/Editor is a full-time position responsible for shooting and editing a daily program containing in-studio interview segments and on-location segments as scheduled.
The successful candidate will:
- Creatively light and shoot all on location segments. Set up audio and ability to execute clean audio.
- Collect information, video, or photos at remote locations for post-production
- Greet and assist guests during show preparations along with host, putting them at ease on camera
- Work with producer/host to schedule and establish timelines to complete segments and show
- Balance feature elements and sponsored content to create a compelling show
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in film, photography, television, marketing, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Previous experience with broadcast cameras (Sony ENG style preferred, DSLRs a plus)
- Must have video samples for consideration
- Organization skills are key - Ability to prioritize and schedule based on multiple production timelines
- Must be positive and a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
- Able to creatively light and set up camera gear, audio, and support equipment.
- Must have editing experience, highly skilled on Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines, and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Deadline driven and works well under pressure
- Creative thinker who isn’t afraid to try new ideas
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Able to lift 60 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time