KDAF CW33 Dallas/Ft. Worth, seeks an experienced producer to oversee and help create content for a pair of unique and original lifestyle shows.
You’ll be given day-to-day control of a fast paced, locally produced show that focuses on the F.U.N. (Fresh, Unique and New) happenings in the 5th largest broadcast market in the country.
You’ll create new contacts, explore new story angles and stack shows that flow, all while keeping our station brand as your top priority. Heavy experience dealing with sales clients, outside content creators, writing for all platforms and expertise in all digital and social aspects are a must. Editing and shooting skills are a plus.
You will work closely with show hosts, MMJ,s and the production team to deliver a quality show that’s on time and on brand. If you’re ready to move up, we’re ready to talk to you!
Nexstar Media Group owned KDAF, located in the home market of the largest local broadcasting company in the United States, is one of the world’s leading diversified media companies.
Additional Job Description
- Produce lifestyle and entertainment show daily.
- Source, pitch and set shoots for new packages daily.
- Work with sales department to ensure a positive experience for clients.
- Ability to deliver pre-produced show on time and on brand.
- Write stories for the website and other platforms
- Interact with viewers and users on social media sites
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English. Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum four years of experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
- Experience with ENPS, editing and camera skills are a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift