WALB-TV is looking for a host to help launch a new, lifestyle-focused broadcast in South Georgia's dominant #1 station. You'll help develop and execute an original show designed that will serve a diverse but loyal audience.
WALB-TV is looking for a host to help launch a new, lifestyle-focused broadcast in South Georgia's dominant #1 station. You'll help develop and execute an original show designed that will serve a diverse but loyal audience. From stay-at-home parents to young professionals, to rural farmers – South Georgia has it all. The show features a combination of original reporting, live studio guests, sponsored content and interviews, trending and buzzworthy news, and pre-produced stories showcasing the very best our community has to offer. The ideal candidate thrives when working with a team, exhibits strong editorial judgment, and is willing to do what it takes to get the best story.
- As a host, you'll lead and contribute to the show's editorial process, regularly create compelling enterprise content, develop story ideas and sources, and work with producers to generate innovative broadcasts that take intentional, creative risks.
- You will champion impactful storytelling while generating content for WALB newscasts, including regular enterprise reporting; working with or without a photojournalist to combine engaging video, meaningful sound, and relatable characters.
- Build contacts and sources throughout the community and with stakeholders while establishing a notable presence outside of the newscasts, both online and in the community.
Please note - the primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the duties listed above
• Education background in either journalism or communications.
• Basic understanding of Windows-based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented. Must be willing to work in Albany, GA.