The Lead Video Editor, Creative Studio position possesses an expert ability for non-linear video editing in a fast-paced sport news environment.
The Lead Video Editor, Creative Studio position possesses an expert ability for non-linear video editing in a fast-paced sport news environment. The Lead Video Editor is expected to be a strong collaborator within various Edit areas and partners to help support the creative process, while editing at an expert creative level. They lead the development of personnel, projects, and skillsets that propel Edit and Creative Studio into the future.
- Exhibits highly skilled ability to assemble and create content using non-linear editing software in a fast-paced sport news environment.
- Expert editing skills, effective communication, and ability to perform well under pressure, high demand, strict timelines and/or live conditions with little supervision.
- Ensure all created content meets ESPN’s high standards for video and audio quality. Conducts quality control measuring and corrective action steps to ensure and/or enhance video content.
- Demonstrates an expert knowledge of edit workflow, software and facility layout in assigned areas.
- Responsible for adhering to established organization of media and naming conventions.
- Cultivate strong relationships and gain knowledge of our partners, including their impact and/or specific integration with Creative Studio.
- Expert organizational, creative, communication, and planning skills are required for team collaborative success.
- Provides exceptional service to all collaborative partners.
- Must have a highly skilled ability to train less experienced editors on edit workflows and software.
- Assist on the evolution of edit training programs and write and provide feedback in training initiatives and project contributions.
- Keep updated on knowledge of industry technology and lead initiatives to develop new workflows to create accurate and effective results on specific or future assignments.
- Must have the ability to train and learn new techniques/software platforms that aligns with industry needs and trends.
- Ability to identify and quickly escalate issues. Recommend solutions and/or resolve operational errors and equipment failures.
- Lead multi-directional communication to ensure success of assignments and accomplishments. Self-initiate creative projects and pitch ideas towards departmental objectives.
- Expert understanding of multiple file-based formats and provide file-based ingest support.
- A minimum of 6 years of editing or related experience.
- Expert understanding of non-linear editing software (Adobe Premiere, Avid, Grass Valley Edius or Qube, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
- Highly skilled in media transfer workflows (ingest/publish/export).
- Expert understanding of audio and video broadcast quality control (video scopes, audio levels, CALM Act compliance, etc.).
- Ability to collaborate and work in a quick turn-around, sport newsroom environment.
- Candidates must have a strong computer background (Microsoft Office, Slack, Workfront, etc.).
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to work overtime and alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Has in-depth background in non-linear editing in an area including Adobe (Premiere, AE, Audition, etc.) Grass Valley, Edius, etc.
- Expert understanding of linear, non-linear, social media production workflows.
- Knowledge of PC or Mac operating system.
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field.
- Vocational School or related experience.
The hiring range for this position in Los Angeles, CA is $86,439 to $108,049 per year based on a 40 hour work week.