The Lead Graphic Designer will be responsible for developing marketing and social platform creative, branding/identity projects, and potentially motion graphic assets.
Besides being a hands-on role, the Lead Graphic Designer will also be sharing responsibility of day-to-day operation with the manager of the Design team to mentor and guide designers when needed. We're looking for a designer who has an in-depth knowledge and impeccable skills of typography, a good sense of balance and intuition when it comes to layout, as well as a desire to try new things in response to design briefs. You should be a self-starter, be aware of past and current design trends, and bring a fresh perspective to the worlds and characters of the Disney brands.
This role would work in a fast-paced environment alongside other designers, artists, other marketing team members and vendors, so having excellent time management and communication skills is critical. We are looking for someone who has a highly collaborative spirit and would never let their ego get the best of them. They should also understand how to work smarter, not harder, and have a positive outlook when facing challenges and changes.
Above all, we want someone who can develop solutions that are visually true to our brands (Disney, Disney+, Pixar, Star Wars) ensuring these creatives are of the highest quality that adhere to marketing strategies and our ever-evolving business goals.
- Design Marketing Assets
- Develop and execute creative content for social media platforms
- Provide graphic design solutions to support various marketing campaigns
- ideate and initiate new formats of content in response to performance reports and social media trends
- Collaborate with video production team to complete graphics packages
- work on event and premieres content creation with other team members from the larger Digital Marketing team
- Work with vendors to complete design projects
- Work with leadership for internal presentations
- Day-to-Day Team Management / Art Direction
- Share responsibility with Design Manager on daily operation tasks
- Provide creative review, mentor and guidance to other designers on the team
- Branding Work
- Explore and develop logos, brand identity, and style guides for existing and upcoming initiatives
- Maintain and update brand style guides and ensure brand consistency across team output
- Develop new templates and styles to create rich libraries that are consistent to each brand
- Motion Assignments
- Add light animation to static illustrations
- Create motion or video based social media content
- The role requires someone who can think quickly and can adapt to change thoughtfully
- A person with no ego who is always looking for the best answers
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (AI, PS, ID, AE, etc.)
- Proficient in Keynote and PowerPoint
No specific education experience is necessary but having 7+ years on the job experience is required