Warner Bros. Games: The Lead Designer is responsible for researching and designing new game modes and features in a mobile RPG.
The Lead Designer is responsible for researching and designing new game modes and features in a mobile RPG. They need to be a student of mobile games, and an expert in social/guild features across a wide variety of titles.
- Working with Designers, PMs, and Engineering help define the product vision for our core social systems, providing clear direction for our feature roadmap.
- Create game design documents that communicate concepts and define requirements to other team members across different disciplines.
- Test and validate design assumptions by collaborating with Product Management and User Researchers.
- Actively share knowledge within your area of expertise, reinforcing domain knowledge and best practices to pod leadership while also mentoring more junior game designers.
- Assess market trends, features, technology, and emerging techniques to stay competitive.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressively complex experience in Free to Play mobile; at least 1 year in a leadership role.
- Must have proven success in game development with significant design responsibility on multiple game features and having contributed to major game titles.
- Robust experience with ‘Games-as-a-Service’ (GaaS) best practices and concepts.
- Expertise on game economies and progression systems - understand design possibilities, best practice, what good looks like.
- Skilled in deconstructing and prototyping competitive game design elements and understanding the correlation of player experience and satisfaction.
The Nice to Haves
- Deep understanding of hero collector RPG games like AFK Arena, Marvel STRIKE Force, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, Summoners War, or similar (bonus points for being a Guild Leader).
- Deep knowledge of major Warner Bros intellectual property, such as DC Entertainment superheroes.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $109,200.00 - $202,800.00 salary per year.