Evil Eye Pictures is looking for an experienced Layout and Previs Artist.
Apr 21, 2022
The ideal candidate will have 5 years of professional experience in film, television and/or games, and a thorough understanding of previsualization and shot creation techniques. A level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts is critical.
- Responsible for creating dynamic camera moves and blocking content to create previs animatics for cinematic sequences
- Working from script and storyboards to block out narrative in Unreal Engine which will drive production in other VFX departments
- Working with editorial to make content adjustments which further story in a clear, concise way
- Having an artistic eye and maintaining quality while executing work in an efficient manner
- 5 years of professional experience bringing content from script to previs to production for animation, games or visual effects
- Exceptional skills with camera design, composition, timing and character layout
- Ability to understand and implement cinematic camera techniques, such as focal adjustments and depth of field, to guide storytelling
- Experience working with bipedal characters including import and use of motion capture and keyframed animation
- Experience working with Autodesk Maya and/or Motion Builder
- Willingness to iterate and adapt content as new ideas are explored in the pre-production cycle
- Ability to work independently, problem solve on the fly, and collaborate efficiently across disciplines in a small, fast moving team
Good to have:
- Exposure to creating content in Unreal Engine Sequencer
- Experience with Adobe After Effects
- Knowledge of source control tools such as Perforce or Github
- Please include a link to a reel of your work when applying for this position.
- This is a full time position. This position is remote as we support a Virtual Studio.