The Senior Producer for “King Charles” plays a lead role in developing, launching, and programming this highly anticipated show hosted by Gayle King and Charles Barkley. This person must be highly creative and curious, with a great appreciation for the zeitgeist and popular culture, while also having outstanding news judgement.
The Senior Producer for “King Charles” plays a lead role in developing, launching, and programming this highly anticipated show hosted by Gayle King and Charles Barkley. This person must be highly creative and curious, with a great appreciation for the zeitgeist and popular culture, while also having outstanding news judgement. This is a hands-on position, leading a team from ideation to execution while working closely with our hosts. There’s not a show like this out there – this person will help create something unique and special.
Your Role Accountabilities…
The Senior Producer will help design a show format that puts our hosts in a position to do what they do best. It’s the lead editorial position on the show. This is a highly collaborative role that involves generating creative ideas for each week’s program, conceiving and executing segments, suggesting show bookings, editing segments and managing a team of show producers. When the need arises, the ability to also line produce the show is desirable. A successful candidate will also have a proven ability to work cross functionally with newsgathering, other CNN shows, digital, booking, marketing and comms.
Must be flexible and able to regularly work long hours.
A positive, “can do,” attitude is essential.
Qualifications & Experience…
- 8+ years of news production or related experience
- Proven ability to be a team player in a dynamic, pressure packed environment
- Track record of success working with high profile talent
- Experience developing and launching new shows
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Control room experience required
- Strong writing and production skills
- Collaborative personality with an aptitude for working under pressure with diverse talent and staff in addition to managing on-air personalities.
- Cool, calm, and always collected
- Outstanding judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $139,994.00 - $259,990.00 salary per year.