Nickelodeon: Looking for a Key Art Designer to help throughout the creative process- from ideation through final finishing- to produce daring iconic key art that stands out and leaves an impression when promoting Nick animated and live action properties.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater New York City Area
Jul 28, 2022
They will assist the in-house launch team and agencies to conceptualize and/or review key art ideas that are memorable and leave an emotional impact with our Nick, Nick Jr and P+ audiences by conveying the marketing message surrounding the project.
The ideal candidate will be a mid-level advertising creative and designer who understands the ins and outs of photo shoot production on set, on location and unit photography. Gallery and unit photography creative direction to build asset is a must as well as a deep understanding of retouching and photo color correction and an eye for various types of photography approaches - from portraits to conceptual ensemble builds. On the design side, an excellent comprehension of composition, color, typography, and other aspects of design that come into play when crafting striking key art. Join the team!
- Work with internal creative teams, marketing agencies to brainstorm design ideas, create photo/lighting/wardrobe/acting mood boards, and review design sketches.
- Collaborate with Sr Art Director and Art Director to finesse and improve agencies’ concepts and comps when needed.
- Oversee various projects simultaneously and give art direction to designers from kickoff to execution
- Assist in pre-production and production of photo shoots – acting and lighting mood boards, prop selection/ideation.
- Assist on crafting inspiration wardrobe mood boards and or/wardrobe selection, working hand in hand with stylists and understanding current fashion trends.
- Assist in retouching and photo color correction of key art comps.
- Read over scripts and help on unit photography editing/selection to build promotional assets and give direction to unit photographers to assemble creative assets.
- Help craft and implement concepts for high-quality off channel and digital artwork for key art design that scales for OOH, digital placements, streaming platform and more.
- Assist in reformatting art for print and digital applications when applicable.
- Develop processes to streamline workflows for crafting high-quality designs with quicker turnaround time.
- 5+ years of digital and creative art design in entertainment/ theatrical/ Consumer brand specifically with an agency or in-house.
- Excellent understanding of composition, color, typography as they come into play in key art design.
- Deep understand of all aspects of on set, on location and unit photo shoots.
- Shown expertise in developing highly creative design and key art adaptation for digital and OOH media.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate both creatively and technically.
- Build strong relationships within internal teams and with external agency partners.
- Excellent proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, pivot and work well under pressure
- Accurate, detail and deadline oriented.
- Ability to work supervised as well as independently
- Passion for photography, design and advertising as well as an ongoing awareness and knowledge of the latest design techniques and trends.