KCBS: Producers are responsible for selecting and editing stories for news broadcast; managing the flow of news and support material to news anchors; conducting recorded interviews with news-makers; writing broadcast copy, assigning reporters to developing news stories; taking in audio feeds and editing audio for broadcast.
San Francisco Bay Area
Jan 19, 2022
We are looking for a self-starter and creative journalist who works collaboratively in the deadline-oriented environment of a 24/7 newsroom.
What You'll Do:
- Edit and produce newscasts (including but not limited to writing, selecting and editing stories for broadcast and managing the flow of news and support materials to writers, production assistants, reporters and news anchors)
- Manage a near-continuous flow of information by writing and updating scripts, pursuing stories by phone, and assisting in story selection for newscasts and reporters
- Audio editing
- Collaborate with colleagues about news coverage
- Propose and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans
- Research and line up compelling interviews
- Follow leads, call on breaking stories, conduct off-air interviews with newsmakers and help coordinate activities with colleagues
- Related newsroom duties as necessary
Required and Preferred:
- The right person for the job is an aggressive, energetic, enthusiastic, and creative team player and self-starter
- Must have the desire and ability to write quickly, clearly, concisely, creatively, and with an edge
- Must be able to write and edit compelling news stories under extreme deadline pressure
- Must work well with others and interact well with the public
- Prior major-market news writing and producing experience required
- Strong multi-tasking skills required.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Familiarity with Bay Area including politics, geography, lifestyle, etc. preferred.
- Must be available to work all hours, overnights, and weekends and be amenable to changes in work shift.
- Required to join SAG-AFTRA
Day, Evening, Overnight