Reporting to the Executive Editor you will write features for Inside Soap. You will be interviewing actors and production staff as well as packaging features with suitable pictures ready for design.
London, United Kingdom
Oct 02, 2023
Reporting to the Executive Editor you will write features for Inside Soap. You will be interviewing actors and production staff as well as packaging features with suitable pictures ready for design. You will also be supporting the editorial team with key admin duties, including but not limited to: transcription, travel booking, running competitions, dealing with reader correspondence
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Develop features for Inside Soap, as directed by the editor and team.
- Write the weekly Soapbox, Hot List and What Happens When features.
- Working quickly, creatively, and accurately to meet deadlines.
- Building contacts and relationships with organisations and individuals to create distinctive content.
- Ensure the smooth running of the editorial office.
- Conduct interviews for several features per week; transcribing and then writing up composite features for the magazine.
- Writing for the Inside Soap website and social media.
- Filing soap news stories/storylines.
- Making travel arrangements for photo shoots.
- Distributing post.
- Replying to reader correspondence.
- Updating file listing contents of each issue.
- Sending out prizes to competition winners.
- Processing cash prizes for competition winners.
- Proven experience writing for a magazine
- Confident and accurate writing style
- Deep knowledge of TV and soaps in particular
- Established contacts within the soap industry.
- Excellent InDesign skills.
- Meticulous and hyper-organised with exceptional time management skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to use and act upon own initiative
- Ability to work to a tight deadline and deal with challenges calmly and efficiently