Are you a confident, passionate, reliable and self-driven individual looking to enhance your finance career whilst working in a dynamic and creative environment? If so, let’s chat! You will spend your days assisting in the maintenance of the books for SPIN and its affiliated companies.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Sep 29, 2023
Are you a confident, passionate, reliable and self-driven individual looking to enhance your finance career whilst working in a dynamic and creative environment? If so, let’s chat!
As a Junior Accountant, you will work with the Senior Accountant under the direction of the CFO. You will spend your days: Assisting in the maintenance of the books for SPIN and its affiliated companies.
This includes but not limited to:
- Prepare internal and external financial reporting for review & approval by the CFO, including:
- Monthly and annual working papers plus other supporting documents
- Financial statements for review
- Inputting month-end journal entries as required.
- Comply with financial policies & procedures.
- Entering AP and managing payments to vendors (including credit card analysis)
- Following up with AR and ensuring client invoices are paid on a timely basis.
- Reconcile & prepare AP & AR monthly aging reports.
- Preparation and filing of HST amounts.
- Journalize bank statements and bank reconciliation as well as record daily deposits.
- Monthly reconciliations and analysis of Balance Sheet & Income Statement accounts
- Interdepartmental communication with the Systems, Billing Department & Production teams.
- Liaise with external auditors at year-end.
- Prepare and maintain Cash Forecasts.
- Prepare sales commission reports.
- Maintaining of fixed assets and depreciation ledgers
- Follow up on open purchase orders.
- Issue credit memos for Billing Department
- Maintain & organize proper files / records.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Production, Payroll and System teams.
- Prepare project-based cost analysis.
- Administer & Maintain NetSuite
- Have a minimum 2-year college level education in basic accounting practices.
- Have a minimum of two years NetSuite or QuickBooks or other comparable bookkeeping program experience.
- Knowledge of standard Accounting and Financial practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication, keen attention to detail, desire for accuracy and sense of urgency
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Masterful computing familiarity especially in Excel, Microsoft Office Programs, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work independently and as a team, multi-task, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced production environment.
- Must exhibit a positive attitude, computer skills and the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- CONFIDENTIALITY IS A TOP PRIORITY