We are excited for a Junior Publicist to join the team! This position will be responsible for assisting with high-profile publicity campaigns for Paramount Television Studios programming.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Location Not Provided
The role supports the communications Senior Leadership team in handling all internal and external communications and publicity for PTVS. The Junior Publicist will report to the VP, Publicity & Communications.
- Help initiate and implement publicity campaigns for assigned PTVS series including coverage with national media, talent publicity trips, press junkets and on-set media visits in support of assigned projects.
- Create and disseminate programming information to national and local print, online and broadcast media.
- Write press releases, storylines, press notes, talent and producer bios, photo/art selections and captions.
- Establish professional relationships, trust and credibility with the national media by maintaining day-to-day contact with journalists/editors/bookers to build program and brand awareness.
- Monitor news outlets and routes pertinent stories to the rest of the communications team and senior leadership.
- Sends media coverage (dating announcements, production deals, acquisitions, casting news, etc.) to executive team.
- Liaison with studios, producers, talent and their management to facilitate ongoing publicity support for series.
- Work on distribution of video clips for talent appearances, assisting reporters with photo and screener requests.
- Work to garner publicity for special events and screenings as needed at events such as premieres and screenings, including writing and distributing media alerts, walking talent down a red carpet. Assist with press, photo and talent needs during events.
- Bachelor’s degree, with preference for concentration in media and/or communications
- Three to five years of experience as a Public Relations Coordinator/Assistant, working for a studio, network, streaming platform, production company or agency.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A self-starter with the ability to troubleshoot
- Working knowledge of media with strong press contacts
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and follow through on all projects
- Polite and professional manner, exercising patience and diplomacy. Ability to deal with different personalities
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and work in a fast-paced department
- Ability to maintain confidentiality