The team at Lucasfilm Animation is looking for a Junior Lighting Concept artist /Matte Painting artist who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm Animation.
San Francisco Bay Area
May 24, 2022
The Junior LC artist will specialize in conceptual art for multiple animation series projects by creating Key Art as reference for Overseas Vendor(s). The artist will be reporting to the Senior LC artist, while collaborating with the Look Development and Lighting/FX departments.
- Attend dailies and follow through on specific artistic direction
- Create 2d color keys, projection paintings, and matte paintings
- Research and gather reference needed for paintings
- Provide Photoshop paint-overs, annotations, or reference as-needed to help convey notes to Overseas Vendor(s)
- Any additional tasks designated by the Senior LC artist
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Maya, and Arnold (other 3d/2d software a plus).
- Portfolio samples should include concept art paintings showing and understanding of color and lighting in order to depict mood, atmosphere, composition, and storytelling. Bonus: Example of one scene in different lighting situations or time-of-day.
- Portfolio should showcase a strong foundation in the fundamentals of drawing, painting and design. Artwork demonstrates traditional, or digital 2d art skills with an emphasis on landscapes and interiors.
- An understanding of the principles of photography. A passion for cinematic lighting and cinematography.
- A person who is detail oriented with good organizational and communication skills. Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Candidates must have some industry experience as a concept artist or digital painter.
- A person with some experience in a production environment and team collaboration.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.