KTNV – Las Vegas is looking for a highly creative, motivated and accomplished photojournalist/editor to join the station’s nationally recognized Emmy award winning investigative unit.
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Dec 21, 2022
If you are looking for big city and bigger market experience but a smaller town feel the City of Lights is the place to be!
Las Vegas is quickly becoming the sports capital as well as a great place to call home. There is always something to do and see hence the saying only in Las Vegas.
As a photojournalist and editor, you will help the investigative team develop story ideas and shape the visual look of a wide range of investigative reports from the longer format projects for television and streaming platforms, to faster-paced investigations stemming from breaking news.
We are looking for someone who can conceive a stylistic feel in their shooting and editing of day of investigative pieces and multi-part projects but can also shift gears towards quicker turn pieces and live shots when the unit is responding to breaking news or producing follow-up reports on rolling/developing investigations. It is a great opportunity to challenge yourself as a photographer and editor to take your skills to the next level.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Capture and edit visual content with a focus on special projects for multiple platforms
- Assist the investigative team with story creation and development, including research, undercover, surveillance and interviews
- Conduct field interviews
- Utilize creative shooting and advanced lighting techniques to create visually compelling stories using equipment including but not limited to Full-Size ENG News Cameras, TVU and Microwave broadcast technology, Final Cut Pro and Graphics packages integrated within, 3 point lighting, soft box, backlighting and two camera interview lighting.
- Drive company vehicle for business purposes
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Proficient knowledge of full-size ENG Cameras, lighting, TVU and microwave transmission and computer based editing, including Final Cut and integrated graphics.
- Knowledge of newsroom deadlines and workflow.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.