Are you looking to start an exciting career in Media? Come join our Internship Program at Cox Media Group!
Through an internship at one of our premier 33 market-leading television in top DMAs across the country, you can learn, grow, and get hands-on experience alongside best-in-class professionals.
We are here to support early career talent with our paid internship providing unparalleled hands-on experience, networking, and lasting connections. This is your opportunity to share your voice, channel your passion for TV and news, learn from the best, and transform our company and your career. Ready to learn, stretch and grow? The future starts with you. Apply today!
WFXT’s hands-on internship program is designed to provide early career candidates with the opportunity to engage with top professionals and enhance their media and broadcast knowledge through hands-on experience in several departments within the TV station. Our interns will work closely with producers, anchors, and reporters both in-house and out in the field and may also participate in special projects identified by market and news leaders.
At WFXT Boston 25 News Boston 25 News, our talented interns will help producers research and write stories for daily broadcasts, edit video using current editing software, and create and post content on social media platforms. Interns may also shadow the producers in the control room and eventually learn to produce a portion of the newscast.
In the field, our interns will learn how to operate camera equipment, set-up live shots, create content packages and learn how reporters gather news information. Interns may also function as field producers by coordinating interviews and attending press conferences. If interns are interested in on-air opportunities, anchors and reporters may serve as mentors to help create craft news reels by the end of the internship program.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Shadow various team members within the newsroom to gain a better understanding of newsroom operations.
- Conduct research on news topics.
- Contact interview sources and guests, as needed.
- Create engaging content for all platforms, broadcast, digital, and social.
- Attend editorial meetings and support the generation of show ideas.
- Assist as needed in the newsroom.
- Participate in special projects and potentially present insights and/or recommendations to market leaders.
What We Look For
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Undergraduate or recent college graduate.
- Pursuing a degree in the media field of study is a plus (e.g., Broadcast Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, agile, and can multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to multi-task in a high-speed environment.
- High work standards and degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.