TriStar Pictures: Our Emerging Talent Programs, which includes Interns, Trainees, and Finance Rotational Associates, offer unique opportunities for students, recent graduates & emerging talent to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, & other great experiences.
Our Emerging Talent Programs, which includes Interns, Trainees, and Finance Rotational Associates, offer unique opportunities for students, recent graduates & emerging talent to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, & other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build on your experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, and many educational and social networking opportunities.
This Spring Internship is from January through May (start and end dates are flexible based on school schedules) and all candidates must be able to work at least 10-29 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location. This is not a remote role. A hybrid work structure may or may not be available.
TriStar Pictures is searching for a Development Intern. We are a division of the Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group (MPG) that creates filmmaker-driven movies like The Woman King, Matilda The Musical, Happiest Season, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, and Baby Driver that have the potential for both critical acclaim and commercial success. The team consists of the President, SVP of Creative, Director of Development, Creative Executive, and their assistants. Together they evaluate pitches, scripts, books, and articles as potential projects, nurture relationships with filmmakers, writers and producers, and guide films through all stages of development, prep, production, post-production, marketing and distribution.
- Reading script submissions and providing written and/or verbal summaries and recommendations for development executives
- Performing deep research and compiling materials to help determine whether we should pursue certain projects
- Creating lists with recommendations for directors, writers, and cast for projects in development
- Communicating with talent agencies to determine actor and director availability for our projects
- Providing administrative support (rolling calls, etc) for executives and covering assistant desks as needed
- Assisting with office management for the TriStar offices as a whole
- Passion and focus on filmmaking, with an interest in feature development
- Proficiency in office programs (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, Google Suite, etc.)
- Prior experience handling office phones
- Patience, attention to detail, organization, and the ability to multitask
- Adaptability in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience evaluating materials (scripts, books, etc.) and writing coverage
- Undergraduate student or recent graduate who has studied or is currently studying in relevant field
- Prior familiarity with film or TV creative development preferred
The anticipated base salary for this position is $19/hour.