COX MEDIA GROUP: We are here to support early career talent with our paid internship providing unparalleled hands-on experience, networking, and lasting connections.
Audio / Music / Sound
Jun 22, 2022
CMG Athens's hands-on internship program is designed to provide early career candidates with the opportunity to engage with top professionals and enhance their media and broadcast knowledge through involvement in several departments within the radio station.
CMG Athens Radio Interns work closely with on-air talent, board operators, and producers to learn how to develop, produce and execute daily radio shows. You will help producers research and write stories for live and pre-recorded shows, create, edit, and post content on social media platforms during the shows. There will also be opportunities to help with promotions of local events. You also have the chance to participate in special projects identified by our radio market leaders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Shadow various team members within the station to gain a better understanding of programming operations.
- Assist the promotions and activation team with local events.
- Conduct research on show topics and share content online.
- Contact interview sources and guests, as needed.
- Assist with and gather interviews for produced show segments.
- Create engaging content for all platforms, on-air, digital, and social.
- Assist with screening phone calls during live broadcasts.
- Deliver content on tight deadlines and with precision timing.
- Attend regular show planning meetings and support the generation of show ideas.
- Participate in special projects and potentially present insights and/or recommendations to market leaders.
What We Look For
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Undergraduate or recent college graduate.
- Pursuing a degree in the media field of study is a plus (e.g., Broadcast Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, agile, and can multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to multi-task in a high-speed environment.
- High work standards and degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.