Assist overall project team in scope development from concept stage through close-out
Orlando, Florida Area
Feb 22, 2023
Within the Show Systems studio is where we produce make and build the magic. Our processes and tool sets take us from concept design or mock ups. To full on production, assembly and instillation. Our Special Effects team is responsible for the design, production, installation, test/adjust, turnover and overall success of all special effects results for Walt Disney Imagineering.
This position will report to the Executive Show Systems Studio Manager.
- Assist overall project team in scope development from concept stage through close-out
- Concept, design and delivery of feasibility mockups, SPFX equipment and systems
- Preparation and presentation of documentation to establish FX scope schedule & budget
- Plan & run effects design/production strategy
- Connect with all integrated teams to ensure internal/external requirements are met
- Field installation management
- Maintenance and operations training & post opening support
- Four years theme park or special effects experience.
- Experience in concept & design of special effect required to support the show, using any and all appropriate creative and technical methods.
- Experience in design, production, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of theme park special effects equipment.
- Knowledge of related technical fields and their application to the creation of special effects, optics, mechanics, materials processes etc.
- Solidworks design experience
- Experience in Industrial design and manufacturing
- Park operations with special effects and projection system design experience
- Theatrical experience
- Ability to lead other staff, communicate well with peers in other teams and report to different levels of management
B.A., B.S. in Engineering or Design equivalent desired, but not required