iHeartMedia/Detroit seeks a Promotions Director for stations WJLB-FM, WKQI-FM, WNIC-FM, WMXD-FM, WLLZ-FM and WDFN-AM
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Detroit Area
Aug 23, 2022
- Oversee promotions and marketing efforts for Detroit radio stations including all internal/external execution of the station promotional and marketing plans and create and fulfill sales opportunities.
- Work directly with the other promotions directors to manage resources for the Detroit cluster.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for all stations in support of the marketing, programming and revenue objectives of the cluster.
- Execute quarterly tactical plans for on-air contesting, station website and events, including originating or adapting ideas, identifying and negotiating resources, establish action plans and timelines
- Write and obtain legal approval on contest rules
- Assist in the planning and coordination of Major Promotions/Events from inception to completion
- Coordinates and attends client meetings with sellers and sales managers as needed to plan events and event logistics.
- Collaborates with multiple departments to create and execute promotions such as remotes, events, van hits and other street team activities from start to finish.
- Performs basic office administrative functions and updates station website.
- Conducts on-site promotions, and handles clients and listeners.
- Sets up and runs audio and other types of equipment; hangs banners and other staging elements.
- Records events (i.e. photos, videos, audio and social media measures for station promotions).
- Sets up, breaks down and transports promotional event equipment as required.
- Prepares contest rules, waivers, and release forms for on air, digital, social media and other contests.
- Working closely with the station program director and the SVPP to execute events and promotions in line with the stations strategy.
- Manage on air giveaways.
- Manage on site promotions.
- Collaborate with Digital Team on creating, scheduling and tracking social networking outlets and initiatives.
- Creation of all concert proposals and concert promotions.
- Develop content, as needed, for weekly station newsletters.
- Manage database and promotion scheduling system for station
- Ensure accurate recording and tracking of all contests, prizes and winners
- This position requires flexible working hours; May include nights, holidays and weekends.
- Supervises prize inventory and in-studio prize sheets as well as awarding of prizes at events.
- May coordinate and oversee on-site appearances, remotes and events.
- May drive promotional vehicles.
- May be responsible for all winner prize fulfillment and release forms.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and social media platforms
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
- High work standards and degree of attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision making
- Project management from start to finish; assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments and tasks
- Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar
- Exhibits good interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
- Excellent driving record
- Physical ability to stand for multiple hours and lift or move 40-pound objects
- 1-3 years’ experience in outdoor promotions and/or marketing and/or customer service
- High school diploma; 4-year college degree preferred (emphasis in Communications, Advertising or Marketing)