Halon is looking for talented and enthusiastic VAD artists with extensive artistic and technical expertise and the ability to create immersive, living, and fully-realized environments.
Jun 23, 2022
The ideal candidate must be passionate, talented, and driven and enjoy collaborating with others to create rich and immersive virtual worlds. This is a remote-work opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build detailed 3D environments in multiple different styles per project and art direction needs for use in previs, virtual production, and game cinematic projects
- Create/implement art for scene composition and compelling level layout.
- World building, texturing and lighting inside Unreal Engine
- Ability to work from reference materials such as photography or concept art
- package/export assets for delivery to production or vendors.
- 3+ years of game or film industry experience creating assets
- Intermediate to advanced-level user of Maya, Substance, Zbrush, Unreal, Photoshop, Shotgun, Quixel Mixer, P4V
- Skilled in hard-surface modeling
- Some experience in environment asset creation using contemporary, real-time rendering methods
- Knowledge of anatomy - proportions, muscle and skeletal structures
- Understanding the import/export process to Unreal engine on both Static Mesh and Skeletal Mesh level, and being able to troubleshoot problems that may arise
- Working with post-production and visual effects teams for seamless integration with footage
- Solid team player with strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Self-motivated and focused worker with good communication and collaboration skills
- Good time management skills and efficient development processes, and the ability to apply those principles towards effectively meeting schedules and deadlines