WHAS11, the award-winning ABC affiliate in Louisville, KY (land of the slow pour and fast horses), is searching for an innovative leader to join the Great Day Live team.
Louisville, Kentucky Area
Jun 13, 2022
This Producer can write, create and produce exciting and interesting content for broadcast, online and social content. Producer must be able to work collaboratively with the Executive Producer, Host, Sales Department, and Clients before, during and after a show to create a fun, informative program. The ideal candidates are problem solvers, team players and detail oriented.
In this role, you will:
- Create unique segments that connect our community with local businesses and events.
- Write and edit stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Work closely with the executive producer and host to produce a visually compelling program.
- Use consumer analytics in determining content.
- Understand and speak to the core audience, viewers, & clients
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Coach and inspire on-air talent to be exciting and engaging.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience is preferred
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.