Creative? News Buff? Then we have a job for you!
CBS New York is looking for skilled and energetic individuals to join our Creative Services team.
You will be creating graphics for our award-winning local CBS morning news shows.
Exposure for your work as the graphics you create will support multiple newscasts throughout the day.
This job will give you the opportunity to join our team environment where you will work directly with and collaborate with the Design Director, Writer/Producers, Editors and other graphic artists. Team Player? Let's sign you up!
- BA Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Excellent design/animation skills and in-depth understanding of Photoshop, After Effects and a broad knowledge of the entire Adobe CC collection.
- Cinema 4D is a plus.
- Must be highly organized and able to follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
- A comprehensive show-reel/website that demonstrates the above.
- Candidates must be dedicated, punctual, a good team player and have a strong work ethic.
- A strong understanding of layout, type, logo design
- Ability to match style to specific project.
- Close collaboration with teams large or small, producing creative solutions based on various clients’ business needs.
- Concept and execute innovative concepts & designs.
- Design, animate, and edit standalone motion graphics packages.
- Create and Deliver Cohesive creative across franchise deliverables.
- Pitch ideas & work to team and clients.
- Contribute in a high volume fast paced team environment.
- Work to maintain freshness, creative excellence, and a level of innovation that will uphold and improve the brands.
- Keep up to date with what is going on in the fields of design and technology and television. Use acquired knowledge to inform work and push boundaries.
- Direct the work of outside contractors as needed
- Contribute to work culture, encourage others!
Design on-air graphics, marketing promos, web promotion, news graphics, & create still and/or animated graphics that range from lower thirds, bumpers, franchise graphics and logos. This also includes working with our Sales Marketing department to create commercials, animated snipes, billboards and special show graphics.
Have the ability to clearly communicate solutions; and relate effectively to diverse populations and age groups
The ability to interface with internal company personnel
- Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative, and a positive approach to problem-solving.
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes
- Must adhere to attendance guidelines
Education & Experience:
High school diploma required; Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field or comparable work experience 5+ years of experience designing for television.
Hybrid Remote and On-Site Work model
Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude.
Roles may require the following:
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support.