WTLV/WJXX - First Coast News: Do you know how to brand a duopoly, create an image that tells a story and sell a product as a multi-media graphic artist? First Coast News is searching for an individual who reaps versatility in motion graphic and static design and commands attention with their creative for all platforms.
The right candidate must be willing to live and breathe the On Your Side BRAND as well as convey it to others on air and online. There is no better opportunity to put your skills to work in a Top 45 market with an award-winning team of veteran marketers, than First Coast News On Your Side.
Our news, weather, sports and lifestyle show teams create content which puts the First Coast News On Your Side brand first. We’re looking for an innovative Multi-Media Graphic Artist who can take a brand-centric approach in the production of high-quality, high-impact creative. This super star will know how to infuse it into all areas of First Coast News; from sales, to news, to digital, lifestyle and marketing. You must be collaborative, positive and above all else, a team player. If this sounds like you, we have an immediate opening on our roster.
At least 3 years’ television and digital design experience, with a focus on branding is preferred. Bring your larger-than-life ideas to sunny Jacksonville, Florida and join a team that thrives on winning, doing right by the viewer and doing right by one another. We want to give this design all-star an opportunity to add more metal to their mantles while also providing their family the chance to live, work and play in paradise.
- Design and animate broadcast, digital and print graphics for the legacy NBC and ABC duopoly that is First Coast News; including logo design, informational graphics, branding, marketing, sales and news projects.
- Virtual Set graphic knowledge and animation, a plus. Will train the right individual.
- Incredible design eye and animation skills.
- Excellent communicator and leader.
- Working knowledge of various CG design; Chryon and Vertigo software and applications, a plus.
Candidate must have had formal training in design/art and preferably motion at trade school or college - please don’t apply if you are not a designer.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years’ experience as a motion graphic designer in a broadcast television design environment is preferred with key knowledge of Chyron and or Vertigo templating.
- Strong executional skills in Adobe products, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects, Cinema 4D and Premiere Pro is expected.
- Able to perform under tight deadlines,
- Know that change is a constant in television broadcast, take direction effectively and productively
- Strong spelling and grammar skills
- Work under pressure, develop strategic plans for 365-day television calendar, manage multiple activities, prioritize deadlines, collaborate productively and positively.
- Apply strategic thinking, meet goals, work continually toward self-development.
- Communicate and work on a team knowing, there is no “I” in team.
- Be a liaison to cross departmental boundaries.
- Ability to pitch and present concepts to department heads, clients and other employees
- Work a flexible schedule; it’s all hands-on deck during severe weather and breaking news scenarios
- Provide work samples from all platforms; motion graphics, still and digital that EXCITE US!
Work Environment: On Site in Jacksonville
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Indoors
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.