As a Generalist, you will create photo-real environments and landscapes and have a foundation in photo-realistic, traditional, and digital art skills with an emphasis on environments, landscapes, and cities.
Feb 14, 2023
You will work with things like live action footage, digital still photography, rendered computer graphic elements, and digital paint to create environments that are seamlessly integrated into shot work.
You will ideally have skills across model, texture, shade, light, look development and composite CG images or shots, however people normally are successful if they have experience and examples of work in only one area, as long as you are keen to learn!
What will you be doing?
- Use artistic and technical skills to work on all aspects of CG images or shots
- Create high quality computer graphics within a shot using a variety of software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level Artists and Generalists
- Collaborate as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Work with, and mentor Apprentice / Jr. Artists. Assisting them with their shots
- Work to meet defined milestones within a timeline
- Attend dailies and be active in creative problem solving
- Create original 2D and 3D content that may comprise part or all of an environment
- Create multiple types of mattes from simple to moderately difficult and allocate detail based on the shot and feedback
- Create maps in 2D and set up basic shaders for look development
To be a contributing member of this team, you will have a mix of these skills:
- You may or may not have a Degree in Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Design or Photography
- Ideally you will have 3-5 years relevant experience (Feature film/TV/Commercial)
- Proven ability through a portfolio in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, or compositing or photography skills
- Proficient with procedural shading software and techniques
- Enjoy problem-solving or creative thinking skills
- Fluent in Photoshop and Nuke
- Fluent in 3dsmax, Maya or similar
- Fluent in Vray or similar ray trace renderer
- Houdini experience is a plus - or comparable software experience