Interning with FX Original Programming provides you the opportunity to gain exposure and contribute to three areas of television – Development, Current Series, and Documentary
A Day in the Life…
You will primarily be responsible for familiarizing yourself with our shows, as well as be given tasks from both the Development and Current Programming departments that will include writing coverage, entering information into grids, updating development reports, and doing research projects. In addition, you will be handling some basic administrative duties. You will also be expected to read the trades and ask questions; you will be encouraged to pursue things that intrigue you.
We endeavor to give you as much exposure to the creative process, real-world scenarios and skill sets as we can so that you not only learn about FX Original Series but walk away with the skills and experience necessary to help launch a potential career in TV.
What we are looking for…
- Strong written and verbal skills and an ability to analyze story.
- Interest in reading - strong research skills
- Demonstrated understanding of competitive TV landscape
- Strong interest in learning Cable TV
- Familiarity with industry talent (writers, directors, actors, etc.)
- Analytical skills for developing projects and giving notes as well as identifying talent (writers, directors, actors)
- Motivated, self-sufficient, with a can-do attitude
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Previous experience in a professional environment
- Passion for learning and eagerness to be a team player
- General knowledge of FX Networks programming
- Proficiency using Airtable
- Students studying in their senior year or recently graduated within six (6) months.
The pay rate for this internship in California is $21.20 per hour.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
This internship is a hybrid position -- Must be able to provide own housing and reliable transportation for work in the Los Angeles, California area. You will be asked to come into our offices in Los Angeles, CA on Mondays through Thursdays for the days we are working in-person. While working remote, the internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace.
Program length -- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2023 through January 2024.
Work details -- Must be able to work full time hours (approximately 32 to 40 per week) Monday through Friday, 10am – 7pm PT for the duration of the internship
Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.