Newsweek is hosting a live event on Tuesday, April 12 in NYC from 5pm to 7pm.
We are immediately hiring for an experienced freelance videographer and production lead to set up video and live stream production of the event.
Greater New York City Area
Mar 24, 2022
Mar 30, 2022
The videographer will lead all aspects of live production before and during the event on that day, edit a highlight reel that will be posted online and get distributed to our social media accounts for a quick turnaround. The video production portion of the event will be one hour or longer.
The videographer must be available to come in four times to our NYC office in total (outlined below) plus be available for an initial phone call for set up and introductions. They must also be responsive and able to keep lines of communication open prior to and leading up to the event.
Your Duties would include:
- Responsible for producing high end livestream and editing branded content that adheres to brand standards
- Operate a Sony FS5 to produce live stream connected to a MacBook laptop
- Set up audio connection from sound mixer to camera and/or MacBook laptop and ensure audio works
- Set up live stream on a MacBook laptop using VLC and OBS systems and then broadcasting to social networks
- Monitor live streams throughout the event, including adding in commercials before, during and after event
- Know how to set up professional lighting and equipment for a large live event
- Support producers using Canon 5D Mark III cameras which will be filming two side angles of panel discussion
- Operate production equipment: camera, mics, sound mixer and production lights
- Resolve any production related issues before, during and after the event
- Shoot B-roll, edit and produce highlights reel after the event to live on our landing page using Adobe Premiere and can be distributed to our social media channels
- Expert in all production equipment: video cameras, specifically a Sony FS5 camera for live streaming, Canon Mark 3s, professional stage lighting, mics. live streaming software, sound mixers, etc
- Previous experience shooting live events
- Experience in video production management
- Must be based out of NY
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere to edit highlight reel
- Experience producing videos to be distributed in different formats and have strong technical understanding of all video file formats
- Must be available for a full work day on the day of event (8 hours) on April 12
- Must be available to come in for half days leading up to the event: Wednesday March 30 10am-2pm, Tuesday, April 5 (times tbd), Monday, April 11 (times tbd)
- Must be available for an initial phone call to set up intros about the event and open to keeping lines of communication open between now and the event
- Willingness to adapt to a changing situation the day of
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: From $50.00 per hour