Sesame Workshop is looking for a creative and self-motivated Freelance Video Editor. The Freelance Video Editor will serve a vital role in working on the upcoming season of Sesame Street, and other projects within the Sesame Workshop brand.
Greater New York City Area
Dec 16, 2022
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working in broadcast television, is technically proficient in After Effects, and showcases an interest in working in the realm of children’s programming. As this position is joining a post team that collaborates with a multitude of other internal departments, the individual must work well with a group, be open to feedback, and work well under tight deadlines. This position will report to the Supervising Editor.
Please Note: This a freelance role for a 6-month contract. Must be local to NYC as this position is expected to be in the office at least twice a week.
- Complete both offline and online edits of material for Sesame Street and potentially other Sesame Workshop projects.
- Creating and implementing additional visual effects as needed. Visual effects include compositing, rotoscoping, keyframing, masking, creating graphics and transitions, importing graphics from outside vendors, etc.
- Export multiple types of video and audio files for various departments, producers, and vendors. The editor needs to be familiar with how to configure audio tracks in Premiere Pro.
- Create and archive final files for Sesame Workshop archive systems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years experience in broadcast television, preferably on a multi-cam based production.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Cloud, most notably Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- General knowledge of broadcast specifications, including color and audio levels.
- The ability to prioritize under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Frame.IO, DaVinci, Media Shuttle, Microsoft Office a plus.