CBS Sports is in search of a line producer to lead a production team in creating studio shows around their soccer coverage. The line producer will work collaboratively with the Coordinating Producer and a production team to create the format and content for the studio programing surrounding game coverage.
Greater New York City Area
Mar 23, 2022
The ideal candidate is adept at building a rundown; can use video, graphics and other elements to enhance coverage of every story; prides themselves on their timing and control room skills; will play a key role in all aspects of the broadcast. A strong knowledge of the game of soccer and the ability to find and develop storylines and creative content for the shows as well as executing sales elements and promotion is required.
- Collaborates with Executive Producer, on air talent and control room production team on shows content and execution.
- Manage content of the show’s rundown
- Communicate rundown changes and updates to control room, and on-air talent
- Responsible for on air talent both on the set and reporters at game sites
- Coordinating sponsored elements, promotional elements
- Background in television production and its required skills, including but not limited to; news judgment, rundown management, and critical thinking.
- A broad, current knowledge of soccer and the leagues around the world (CONCACAF and Serie A as a major focus).
- The candidate should be comfortable with leading and developing on-air talent to create an entertaining studio show.
- 4+ years of experience producing network or cable sports studio shows. They should thrive on working in an intense but exhilarating live television environment.
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to communicate instructions to multiple people quickly
- Fostering and leading a collaborative team environment is key
Education & Experience:
- Must have 4+ years of experience in sports industry (speaking Spanish/Italian a plus)
- College degree or equivalent experience