The Freelance Associate Producer will report to the Director, Studio Content and work on NBC Sports Chicago’s linear programming including but not limited to live pregame and postgame shows for the Chicago Bulls, Chicago Blackhawks, and Chicago White Sox.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Chicago Area
Aug 25, 2022
Duties include creating and overseeing lower third and fullscreen graphics and editing highlite packages, video clips, and interviews for our shows.
- Assist the producer with the preparation and execution of live studio programming.
- Proactively pitch original, timely and innovative content ideas to producer
- Determine video and sound for segments.
- Thorough knowledge of Chicago and national sports required
- Provide research for show content and graphics.
- Proactively search for latest and relevant content around the web and social media platforms
- Listen to live sound bites and make quick decisions on what sound will be the best fit for the shows.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- At least one (1) year creating video content for web, social, or linear product
- Experience building show rundowns, and successfully communicating and executing live segments.
- Knowledge of Chicago and national sports.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in person in our Chicago studio
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United State
- Must be 18 years or older
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment, preferably in a fast-paced newsroom and/or production company
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Thorough knowledge of Chicago sports.
- Passionate about sports and desire to bring the best to the production team every day.
- Proven ability to prioritize and make critical programming decisions under tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with both technical and editorial personnel.