The Format Producer, Post Production is responsible for the mastering and formatting of A+E original, commissioned and acquired programming across a variety of genres for linear broadcast, multiplatform and global distribution.
Our team is responsible for preserving artistic and factual integrity, and maintaining story continuity in our programming, making sure content is consistent with legal and S&P guidelines and technical quality standards. This role also contributes to departmental and Ad/Sales initiatives as a subject matter expert when required. We are looking for someone who is passionate about content, enjoys contributing to the team with a shared sense of purpose, and excited for opportunities to collaborate across the company at every level.
This role reports to the Supervising Producer, Post Production. While based in Stamford, CT, this role is currently working remotely. As we look to the future, the vast majority of employees will have the flexibility that allows them to choose a setup that suits their work preferences: predominantly remote, predominantly in-office or hybrid.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You will work with a wide range of content spanning A+E Networks’ diverse and exciting brand portfolio. You’ll immerse yourself in scripted, non-scripted, factual, reality and live programming, and understand how to maintain storytelling and narrative thread in each of these distinct genres, preserving the integrity of the program content throughout the versioning and mastering process for our linear broadcast platforms and global distribution.
Collaboration and coordination skills: You’re proactive and take a forward-thinking, conscientious approach to your work and the business, and hold yourself accountable for success with minimal supervision. You communicate professionally and are able to raise up problems and concerns in concise, actionable ways. You enjoy the collaborative process and nurturing partnership relationships, and invite diverse perspectives and ideas in your daily interactions to foster an inclusive environment.
Communication skills: Your written and verbal communication is clear, tactful and professional. You can provide comprehensive, detailed guidance to editors working on-site or remotely, empowering them to execute creative and technical instructions quickly and successfully. You communicate effectively with your supervisor, team members and partners to keep workflows on track, resolve issues and ensure that mastering standards and deadlines are met. You welcome and encourage feedback; are able to confidently consider and apply creative input; and provide thoughtful, kind feedback and insights to others in the interest of improving business processes and relationships.
Organizational skills: You’re highly organized and agile, adept at juggling multiple assignments and balancing the competing demands of the creative process and stressors such as late-arriving materials, shifting priorities and ad hoc requests, while effectively managing your time. You understand that organization and preparation are cornerstones of creativity, and proactively prepare your edit sessions to maximize efficiency and enhance the creative process of working with your editor. You’re able to multitask, pivot quickly and prioritize assignments in a fast-paced environment while protecting the quality and integrity of your work.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
You will collaborate with experienced, passionate professionals at all levels of our organization, including Programming, Strategy, Program Acquisitions, Global Content Distribution Services, and Legal & Business Affairs. You’ll have exposure to the inner workings of our approach to mastering, formatting and distributing content across global markets, and opportunities to contribute to the evolution of our systems and workflows in support of the company’s revenue streams and global IP footprint.
MORE ABOUT YOU:
- 3+ years professional experience as a producer in a cable or network environment, production company, film distributor or equivalent related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Television Production, Communications or equivalent.
- Able to work evenings and weekends.
- Bi-lingual, fluent in written and spoken Spanish and English desired but not required.
- You are knowledgeable in production/post production process used to create non-fiction program content, and can apply your industry expertise to resolve problems and avoid risk.
- You are familiar with common video file formats and standards; audio mixing and stem creation, closed captions and the process of encoding and delivering file-based media assets.
- You are comfortable with related technology including nonlinear editing platforms such as Avid Media Composer and Premiere Pro; Adobe Creative Suite; and Media Asset Management (MAM) systems.
- Experience with cloud-based workflows, Video Description, 4K and/or UHD is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite; AirTable a plus.
- Experience with live broadcasts a plus.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.