This is a busy hands-on role, but perfect for a trained recipe developer/cookery writer to lead on new recipe ideas, food photography and video production.
London, United Kingdom
May 18, 2022
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our new Food Producer to start next chapter in your career to bring the brand to life through accessible, fun and enticing recipes that live and breathe the Delish brand.
This role is varied and will focus on tasks including recipe creation and development, SEO nurturing, food styling and other food writing.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Create exciting, enticing yet accessible recipes that fit into Delish’s brand values, ethos and promises.
- Find gaps in Delish’s SEO strategy to strengthen rankings of core galleries and collections.
- Identify key food and drinks trends and monitor competition to stay ahead.
- Where necessary, second test recipes from contributing recipe developers.
- Upload recipes to the CMS using SEO best practices, and monitor performance where needed.
- Food style on monthly video shoots and create crib sheets for photography.
- Write regular ‘how to’ content to strengthen Delish’s authority, helping the Delish reader within their kitchen skills.
- Where needed, host, create and assist with other video-related/social-related projects and franchises.
- Recognised cookery qualifications
- Proven recipe development/writing experience for a recognised print or digital publication.
- Genuine interest for food publishing.
- Knowledge and an interest in the Delish audience.
- Accurate spelling, good knowledge of grammar and an ability to express self clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work with a Content Management System.
- Ability to identify key cookery trends and to monitor competition to stay ahead in the market.
- A self-motivator with strong food knowledge and a can-do attitude.
- A positive team-player
- Food styling experience preferred, but not essential