Marvel Studios is looking for Finishing Supervisor to collaborate with Filmmakers, VFX Supervisors, Creative Finishing Supervisor, and DI Colorists on the color grading and final delivery of Feature Film, Streaming and Animation projects.
Location Not Provided
You’ll maintain consistent, high-quality creative as well as technical standards for the primary and all downstream deliverables on a variety of projects. You’ll report to the Creative Finishing Supervisor at Marvel Studios in Burbank, CA.
- Attend supervised color grading sessions with filmmakers
- Collaborate with filmmakers, VFX, executives and the colorists to achieve the visual goals of each project
- Represent filmmakers’ in unsupervised color grading to assure their notes are addressed
- Supervise color grading conversions to additional formats (HDR, Rec709, Dolby Cinema, IMAX, and 3D) to assure a consistent creative interpretation to each project
- Attend planning, delivery and engineering meetings
- Attend VFX reviews
- Be a resource to assure consistent visual treatment of key intellectual property across projects
- Attend marketing color grading sessions
- Assess QC reports and advise on priorities and fixes
- Collaborate with internal VFX team and external VFX vendors to assure good technical deliveries of files
- 10+ years of experience working film, commercial or similar post-production environment.
- 10+ years strong visual effects background, especially with experience in Compositing, and/or as a Compositing Supervisor or VFX Supervisor
- Strong stereoscopic experience in relation to the color and DI process.
- Strong familiarity with color management pipelines, LUTs & CDLs.
- Extensive experience with color grading process, tools, and techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, team player, positive attitude with an ability to problem-solve.
- Deep understanding of photography, cinematography, composition, lighting, and color.
- Must have advanced knowledge of editing, finishing, graphics, color correction, technical specs and post production processes.
- Critical eye for detail and a strong aesthetic sensibility, with the ability to communicate visual ideas to multiple individuals including executives
- Able to suggest creative and artistic solutions to visual storytelling problems as well as technical challenges.
- Excellent communication skills for various levels of interaction within a studio
- Remains calm under the pressure of deadlines, thrives in a high-pressure environment.
- Organized and capable of multi-tasking.
- On-set experience is helpful, but not required.