We are seeking an experienced Field Producer for the Sunday night longform show. This candidate should have extensive field producing experience, including long form storytelling.
Candidate should be a strong writer, as well as have a strong editorial sense for news. Producer will work closely with the senior leadership team, as well as senior producers at CNN on overall editorial production of longform feature segments.
The position will partner with the production teams and editors to identify and develop stories, offer input into interview subjects and conduct pre-interviews that provide depth, insight and balance, conduct research and identify, acquire and organize distinctive archival footage and existing CNN material, help craft story lines, write scripts, field produce, obtain necessary legal clearance, and vet their individual projects. This role is particularly critical producing instant specials where the deadlines are tight and visual elements aren’t always apparent. The position requires keeping tabs on production costs to bring projects in under budget and strong story-telling ability.
Producer will also help with the weekly production of the taped show, from control room duties to post-production to deliver the show. This role will include frequent travel for shoots, including shooting and editing on weekends.
- Write factually correct, well-organized stories and demonstrate creativity when structuring video packages for TV and digital
- Research, book interviews, submit budget, coordinate and field produce shoots
- Give clear direction to photographers and video editors to create compelling pieces
- Coordinate all elements gathered for packages into coherent, crafted pieces that integrate the best video and compelling writing
- Select music and graphics for video pieces
- Manage multiple projects at the same time
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent years of experience
- Five years television production experience. This position requires a creative thinker with the ability to find innovative and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and utilize organizational skills to bring it all together
- Must be a strong writer
- News awareness and judgment
- Ability to pick up new technology quickly and be savvy with social media
- Good time management, creative problem solving, team player, good attitude
- Must be flexible and able to work an extended schedule under deadline pressures
- Must be able to travel frequently
- Must have flexibility to work weekends as needed