Working under the guidance of the Directors of Coverage, the Field Producer is responsible for the direct handling of the coordination and facilitation of the numerous and variable editorial, logistical, legal and technical details essential to the CNN News Groups newsgathering needs.
Live Event / On Location Services
London, United Kingdom
Aug 12, 2022
The Field Producer works across story development through execution and post-production, responds to breaking news in the region and field and ensures all content is relevant for a given platform, accurate and of quality and interest for the target audience. Will also work across organising the newsgathering and output of distinctive storytelling as well as day’s biggest news stories across all platforms.
You will also be the primary interface with assigned teams in the field \ bureau \ TRIAD. Providing guidance, direction, editorial and production support under direction from Senior News Editors. Ensuring communication between teams in the field and all interested platforms (both TV and digital) is timely, accurate and follows CNN Editorial practices and guidelines.
- Working hand in hand with London reporters in their newsgathering responsibilities. Take the lead in co-ordination with the International desk in Atlanta and the London News Desk, handling and full facilitation of news coverage and CNN correspondents’ output, including the editorial oversight of packages.
- Providing full support in regard to essential coordination and logistical decisions in line with the coverage and programming priorities, as well as, ensuring coverage operates within budget constraints. Field safety on assignment is a vital part of the Producer’s responsibilities
- Dealing with the unexpected – breaking news. Responding at a moment’s notice to get editorial information for air – verifying its accuracy – while simultaneously getting live phone interview, live video, transmissions and/or taped coverage of the news event.
- Facilitating clear guidance and feedback to the field (Correspondents, Field Producers, Technical Crews). Knowledge of Company policies and practices and their effective application are part of the responsibilities of the Producer and ensuring that risk assessment procedures are followed.
- Providing editorial guidance to the CNN News Group networks and websites on international matters, ranging from historical or cultural background, to language interpretation, when possible.
- Experience in newsgathering and TV and Digital production.
- Field producing or reporting experience for TV and/or Digital.
- Knowledge of TV news logistics, technical requirements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise between tasks under difficult conditions.
- Prior field experience in hostile environments
- Organized, exceptional interest in world news including business news
- Prior field experience in hostile environments.
- Fluent in a second language