WSNS-TV, Telemundo Chicago, a Spanish language station owned by NBCUniversal, has an opportunity for an ENG News field photographer to join our award-winning broadcast and News operations.
Greater Chicago Area
Feb 10, 2023
The field photographer will work closely with Newsroom Managers, On-Air Talent and other Broadcast Operations personnel to gather high-quality and informative news stories with integrity and facts. Field photographers also work on other station projects as assigned.
- Must join the NABET union if not a current member
- Minimum 2 years of experience in News camera/field photography
- Must be fully knowledgeable in all aspects of ENG field operations
- Must be proficient working with both Adobe Premiere and Dalet systems
- Must be able to operate a microwave/satellite news truck
- Must have proficiencies in technologies such as Cloud uploading, LiveU, Dejero, ASI conversion, fiber boxes and wireless cameras.
- Must be able to work weekends, longer hours or varying shifts when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines
- Job requires the ability to perform well outdoors in all kinds of weather and with a high degree of self-sufficiency
- Working knowledge of Spanish and English is required
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and able to drive without restrictions
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years of age
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV and work samples online to be considered
- Must be an excellent photographer in Newsgathering, News production, station promotions and other general station projects as assigned
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere
- Able to also work independently and capture informative and reliable newsgathering pictures and audio for broadcast
- Exceptional knowledge navigating the Internet and working with computers and digital equipment
- Able to work efficiently under daily pressure and deadlines
- Able to productively excel within a fast-paced and multi-cultural broadcast operations and local news team environment