Cinesite Vancouver is seeking experienced Animators to join our Feature Animation team! The animation department is responsible for character performances that fulfill the needs of any given project.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Aug 31, 2022
Our team is made up of junior, intermediate, senior artists, leads and supervisors, all of whom play an integral part in production. In Animation, we look for strong character acting abilities and a solid grasp of the physical mechanics of movement. A keen understanding of the principles of animation is essential. As well as working collaboratively as a team, we work closely with the show directors, clients, and the previs and shot finaling departments.
If this all sounds like a role for you, apply!
What you will be doing
• Troubleshoot some technical issues and flag workflow inefficiencies
• Identify blockers and improvements, and provide information to Leads and Supervisors for resolutions
• Take responsibility for shots and/or assets and ask for support when needed
• Work collaboratively with other departments for optimization, solving issues and ensuring continuity
• Work with senior members of the team in order to produce the best possible work
• Communicate to all in a respectful manner regardless of level
What you bring to the team
• Proficient in Maya
• Good time management and strong understanding of resource management
• Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Eye for detail and continuity
• Good understanding of 3D animation
• Good at lip sync, acting, staging, timing.
• Good at conveying emotion through body language and facial expressions
• Foundational understanding of classical animation and stop motion