Provides overall administrative support for the Director of Casting Services which is part of the Talent Acquisition organization within Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP).
Orlando, Florida Area
May 25, 2023
Provides overall administrative support for the Director of Casting Services which is part of the Talent Acquisition organization within Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP). The Director of Casting Services leads the mass hourly hiring at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World and is based in Orlando, Florida. This position will be located on-site in Orlando, Florida.
- Handles all administrative responsibilities for the Director of Casting including but not limited to managing phones, contacts, calendars, meetings preparation, travel, expense reports, supplies and other general support services.
- Provide support, as needed, to other executives within the department and to the Director of Casting’s team.
- Manage and maintain executive schedules with organization, consistency and efficiency.
- Plan domestic and international travel arrangements to include preparing, filing and tracking expense reports through the appropriate systems.
- Develop relationships with key members of the organization
- Proactively identify scheduling conflicts and offer solutions/alternatives.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive follow-up system.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database or presentation software.
- Create and manage a system of filing office records and documents, both digitally and in hard copy. File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Read and process incoming correspondence and reports to determine significance and plan distribution.
- Completes SAP and Concur transactions in various systems, including preparing reports.
- Manage weekly and monthly executive level meetings from agenda creation, day-of management, minutes and distribution of materials.
- Assist in the preparation of special projects and presentations, materials, etc.
- Provides back-up support for other assistants to include phone and other administrative duties.
- Manage special projects as defined by leader.
- Act as a ‘casual buyer’ of all office supplies for the department, and manage purchase orders and vendor contracts.
- Assist with on-boarding new employees.
- Demonstrated experience supporting executives utilizing considerable knowledge of administrative methodology and clerical procedures
- Ability to anticipate needs and solve problems with ease and speed.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and ability to effectively use various technology used by the organization including, but not limited to SAP and Workday.
- Strong sense of service to all clients, including internal and external partners. Illustrates an attention to detail and exhibits the superior organization skills necessary to assist in coordinating all forms of communication for timely delivery of replies and processing information requests.
- Demonstrated strong organization and time management skills with a focus on managing executive schedule
- Ability to handle confidential information and to exercise good judgment and discretion when managing sensitive issues.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communications skills crucial to effective interaction with all levels of the organization including senior-level executives and their assistants.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed to attend to urgent priorities.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Certified Administrative Professional certification or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree