WLOX News is searching for an Executive Producer to oversee daily newscasts. The Executive Producer will lead the newsroom's producer team, train producers to become stars at what they do, be the superuser of all technology related to story coverage and oversee the station's digital desk operation.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WLOX-TV is the number one station on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We produce award-winning news on both WLOX ABC and WLOX CBS. We also have a dominant digital presence, using WLOX.com, the WLOX News app, the WLOX Weather app, Gulf Coast Weekend and social media platforms to connect to a worldwide audience.
WLOX News is searching for an Executive Producer to oversee daily newscasts. The Executive Producer will lead the newsroom's producer team, train producers to become stars at what they do, be the superuser of all technology related to story coverage and oversee the station's digital desk operation. Our brand focuses on news happening right now, so we're hiring an Executive Producer who adds urgency to copy, and knows how to adjust on the fly when breaking news changes our daily plans.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
* Develop story ideas
* Build an array of sources
* Write snappy, factual copy
* Use words and video to create engaging teases
* Know how the stories in a newscast impact viewers and the community
* Adjust on the fly when breaking news changes our coverage plans
* Write content for WLOX.com and station's social media platforms
* Be a leader in the newsroom
* Be able to work long hours covering breaking news online, including holidays and weekends
This position requires applicable college degree and at least three years experience as a news producer at a broadcast station. Also requires a clean driving record, proof of insurability and a valid driver's license.
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, or a related field preferred
• Ability to lead and make split second decisions based upon knowledge of directives
• Must be self-motivated, ability to multi-task, and excel under intense deadlines pressure in a rapidly changing environment
• High level of communication skills both written and verbal along with excellent judgement
* Valid drivers license required
* Must complete and pass a drug screening
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.