The EVP Production for Sony Pictures TV Studios is a senior scripted production executive with a strong background in leading and strategically managing all aspects of production.
The EVP Production for Sony Pictures TV Studios is a senior scripted production executive with a strong background in leading and strategically managing all aspects of production. The EVP heads up the production department and provides innovative solutions in the evolving TV landscape. In our unique role as the largest independent TV studio, the EVP will ensure we maintain a modern production environment. Ensuring a culture of accountability, the EVP oversees a team of 30+ corporate employees as well as a slate of 50+ shows. The EVP directs pre-production/budgeting, production, and post-production teams for development and active production slates for scripted US TV. Reporting to the President TV Studios, the EVP will work closely with current, creative finance, post, BA, people & org, marketing, and other teams to maximize production value and ensure successful delivery.
- Lead the overall production strategy; ensure processes are optimized and costs are rationalized, always looking for ways to produce the same quality at a lower cost.
- Oversee planning and production, from pre-production through final delivery, for the studio’s slate of shows.
- Solve issues and clearly communicate risks and alternatives to executives.
- Work closely with production execs and finance to establish schedule and budget for each production; ensure the right levels of staffing for shows.
- Collaborate with studio executives to steer the scheduling, budgeting and staffing of projects.
- Collaborate with leadership to establish goals and assumptions and determine best production pipeline to meet the project needs.
- Identify and hire production management teams on projects and steer them to successful completion, on schedule and budget.
- Collaborate with other studio execs to create consistency and best practices across all production and leverage talent and resources across the company.
- Stay on top of key industry trends, studios, software pipelines, and talent.
- 15+ years of progressive production management experience in scripted TV production.
- Production management experience in various departments including pre-production and production.
- Wide industry knowledge of people and process.
- Familiarity with important production software, hardware, databases and asset management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Experience in a large dynamic studio a plus.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $500K to $600K.