At the direction of the Executive Director for the Celebration Bowl, the Part -Time Events Coordinator provides support and oversight of specific event operations with the Celebration Bowl and MEAC/SWAC Challenge.
Greater Atlanta Area
May 09, 2022
These are all part of the stable of the ESPN Events group’s owned and operated events. This position may also have responsibilities on other ESPN events as assigned and is responsible for various internal administrative functions that supports the ESPN Events Division.
- Provides on-site support for various ESPN Events-owned basketball and football events, including but not limited to the Celebration Bowl and MEAC/SWAC Challenge
- Assist with venue and game operations for all assigned events
- Assist with planning and execution of event and team functions for assigned events
- Assist with vendor payment, invoicing, and financial reporting
- Volunteer coordination
- Provides key operational support to the ESPN Events Division including sales support, marketing assistance, budgetary responsibilities and other various administrative roles
- Working knowledge of various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) Able to conduct and develop analytic reports
- Comfortable with producing graphics and marketing materials
- Oversee communication channels for fans and sponsors (E-Blast)
- Work with website developer to ensure timely and accurate updates and designs
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a professional setting
- Strong computer skills including knowledge and use of all Microsoft office programs
- Self-starter, attention to detail
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional setting
- Experience in event coordination and planning
- Extensive understanding of college athletics
- Creative thinker needed to assist in the development and implementation of marketing proposals and materials
- Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe; knowledge of Photoshop or Illustrator a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management or related field
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.