Busch Gardens Williamsburg: Supervises research, development, and execution of all park Shows, and Events Costuming and Crafts, including: Assistant Costume Production Supervisor, Full Time Lead Costume Technicians, Part Time and Seasonal Costume Technicians.
Live Event / On Location Services
Wardrober / Stylist
Jun 29, 2023
What you get to do:
The Entertainment Supervisor of Costume Production:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Supervises, trains, and develops Costume Production team of 15+ (Full Time, Part time, and Seasonal) staff.
- Supervises research, development, and execution of all park Shows, and Events Costuming and Crafts, including: Assistant Costume Production Supervisor, Full Time Lead Costume Technicians, Part Time and Seasonal Costume Technicians.
- Conducts and supervises all fittings and oversees execution of alterations from fittings to shop floor.
- Pulls, prepares, and tracks all Show and Events costumes throughout the production process, fittings, and alterations.
- Documents and prepares all cut lists for new show and event products.
- Supervises and leads the costume production of 15+ shows, and four park wide Consumer Events, annually.
- Authors all daily shop goals for Cutter/Draper, Crafts and Puppetry Specialists, and Costume Design Technicians, ensuring target goals are met.
- Communicates all production needs to Costume & Crafts Operations/Administrative Supervisor, in relation to shop schedule.
- Documents, tracks, and reports Costuming and Crafts archives and resources useful to Manager of Costumes & Crafts and park teams, including: the creation and maintenance of all costume production books and photo documentation.
- Participates in Costuming and Crafts cutting, stitching, and building when expertise is required.
- Recruits, develops, and evaluates performance of Costume Production team.
- Collaborates with Costume Operations/Administrative Supervisor as necessary to meet all Costume Shop goals.
- Reports departmental, production needs and concerns to Manager of Costumes & Crafts.
- Initiates and leads weekly, Costume staff meetings in relation to project goals and objectives.
- Supervises, develops, and oversees Costuming and Crafts production timelines to ensure park and departmental goals and objectives are obtained.
- Supervises and participates in the execution of cutting, draping, patterning, drafting, and expert sewing skills.
- Supervises the quality assurance of assigned Costuming and Crafts product and support areas.
- Collaborates with Departmental Executive Leadership in the creation, execution, and supervision of Costuming/Crafts processes to achieve Park and Department safety targets for assigned area.
- Assists in the maintenance of inventory of Costuming and Crafts supplies, equipment, and systems.
- All other duties as assigned.
What it takes to succeed:
Experience with the following:
- Costume Design
- Costume and Crafts Fabrication
- Costume and Crafts Materials
- Costume Character Maintenance
- Advanced Sewing Skills
- Pattering, cutting, draping, and drafting.
- Related Computer Programs
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- A valid Driver's License and the ability to operate motor vehicles.
Education and Special Skills:
- Associates or BA in Theatre, Theatre Arts, Costume Arts, or equivalent professional experience.
- 2 years professional supervisory experience in a costume shop environment preferred.
- 1 year experience supervising execution of budgets preferred.
- 2 years professional entertainment experience preferred.
- 2 years professional costume shop work experience preferred.