You will collaborate to develop ideas/thoughts into physical reality! Architecture & Facilities Engineering (A&FE) is looking for an Electrical Designer to support the development and sustainment of projects we support throughout the Disneyland Resort.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Disney Parks Experiences and Products. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create innovative built environments. You will collaborate to develop ideas/thoughts into physical reality! Architecture & Facilities Engineering (A&FE) is looking for an Electrical Designer to support the development and sustainment of projects we support throughout the Disneyland Resort. Our department supports a wide range of project types including Attractions, Maintenance, Foods, Merchandise, and Entertainment. Projects range from minor renovations to new facilities. You will also support immediate response efforts with reactionary projects.
You will act as the Electrical Designer Owner’s Representative with technical expertise for mechanical engineering issues, design management of in-house and outside resources, code compliance, Disney design standards, documentation, specifications, and life cycle cost analysis for best value. This role also involves close collaboration with other engineering disciplines and multiple Disney project teams including FAM, WDI, Entertainment, and Operations.
As an Electrical Designer, you will manage the inception, design development, implementation, and sustainment of low voltage (600V and below) and medium voltage (5kV and 12kV) AC and DC electrical systems supporting the many assets at the Disneyland Resort. You will help develop bid level construction documents including drawings and specifications. Another responsibility is to provide immediate support and response to reactionary projects requiring immediate attention. Support the development and authoring of proposals and develop workload estimates with critical path schedule dates to support our project management team.
You will report to the Manager, MEPCS Engineering with DLR Architecture & Facilities Engineering.
- Coordinate and execute the design and construction process for small to large-scale projects performed internally as directed by the team leader. Assemble construction documents and specifications.
- Assist and provide direction to Project Managers and Design Managers to manage the design scope matrix for each project, representing status for each design component from conceptual inspiration to receipt of final product.
- Coordinate the content and packaging of all design materials transmitted for review and approval.
- Help develop and maintain design standards for Project. Product research and resourcing.
- Develop RFP and Construction Documents.
- Help direct and coordinate all photo documentation required to record existing conditions, prototypes, and completed projects.
- Maintain design logs including receipt, processing, and distribution of all deliverables from both internal and external service providers and vendors.
- Manage design resource library and coordination of all initial vendor contact.
- Provide direct construction support of all ongoing projects.
- Perform site visits for the retrieval of field verifications to support the design process (i.e.: details, measurements, existing conditions, product data).
- Catalog and maintain all project Item Specification Manuals provided by external Design Professionals for current projects and historical posterity.
- Expedite the receipt of sample submittals required for final design approval.
- Participate in the weekly design coordination meetings and prioritize items to minimize schedule impacts.
- Assist Project and Design Managers to resolve design compliance issues relating to Projects requirements. Validate that all Item Specifications are consistent with products installed before archiving manuals.
- Research availability of As-Built Drawings in Disneyland Archives.
- Help with the planning for all Executive Design Reviews involving agenda development which includes participant coordination and physical accommodations distributed to all internal partners and the extended project team.
- Provide guidance and concise decision matrices to support executive decisions.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in related engineering discipline with related field experience.
- Experienced with design, procurement, and construction support.
- Ability to collaborate and endeavor in a team environment to ensure a successful product.
- Minimum of 1 year of AutoCAD and Revit experience.
- Experienced with Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam Revu.
- Must be a self-starting collaborator to provide experience to bring concepts into physical reality.
- Familiar with California Electrical code, IEEE electrical low voltage (Brown, Buff and Red book), California energy code (i.e., Title 24), able to develop concepts, further and enhance electrical safety practices, and procedures within electrical engineering design, implementation, and provide overall discipline stewardship.
- Disney related electrical power experience in maintenance, sustainment and design.
- EIT/FE working towards a Professional Engineers license.
- Disneyland College Program or Professional Internship experience.
- Other Disneyland Resorts Lines of Business (LOB) experience.
- Lighting design and implementation with certification
- BS Engineering from an ABET or ACCSC accredited university.
The hiring range for this position in location is $69,946.00 - $93,830.00 per year.