Hearst Magazines is looking for a thoughtful, creative, and energetic team player who loves the Oprah brand to join our fast-growing editorial team. As an Editorial Assistant, you will report to the Editorial Director, and will provide admin support for her as well as a few members of the leadership team.
You will also be a critical part of the organization of our books department, build digital stories, pitch ideas, and write copy for digital and print pieces, working across departments at Oprah Daily.
Please note: For consideration, resumes just be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Provide admin support for the Editorial Director and a few members of the leadership team at Oprah Daily
• Build digital stories for the Oprah Daily website
• Write and contribute ideas
• Call in books for the books department; maintain an organized spreadsheet for upcoming book releases, tracking galleys that have been called in and arrived
• Maintain the books closet
Who you are:
• 1+ year experience in a related field
• Exceptional organizational skills and obsessive attention to detail
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up team environment
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Teams), Keynote, Google Drive (Slides, Docs), and Zoom
The base salary for this role is between $50,000 - $51,000.