The Editor role is a unique position that merges the requirements and responsibilities from both VFX edit and Story edit.
London, United Kingdom
Mar 15, 2023
Working hand in hand with the Production team and Story editorial, the Feature Animation Editor is responsible for handling the internal editorial tasks required by the show, alongside an Assistant Editor.
Working alongside departmental supervisors and the Production teams, the Editor will manage ingest and client deliveries, while building and maintaining a close working relationship with the clients 1st Assist. The role requires maintaining our databases and keeping cut information up to date and well communicated out to the crew. You will coordinate the Editorial team and the project, tracking all items and processes to ensure they are completed correctly whilst keeping appraised of the schedules and turnovers of the production.
The role requires someone with a good creative eye to propose cut developments, whilst being able to actively think on their feet to mitigate any problematic situations which may arise
- Proven experience working in either an Animation or VFX Editorial Department on high-end long-form productions (TV/Feature Films).
- Demonstrate a good level of knowledge and proficiency in Adobe Premier.
- Knowledge of other non-linear editing platforms a bonus e.g. Avid and Final Cut.
- Good understanding of Film and HD video formats, files, frame rates and resolutions and familiarity with working with different video codecs.
- Experience encoding and transcoding and ingesting and conforming to output from the Avid.
- Good IT skills and Mac literate.
- Solid understanding of all editorial tools.
- A good understanding of the Animation process and awareness of CG Animation pipeline and terminology.
- Experience using shot tracking databases such as Shotgun or Filemaker.
- Experience cutting together boards and/or previs.
- Sound mixing awareness and temp foley recording not essential but experience with this would be valuable.
- Organised and a good multi-tasker
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Keen to learn new skills
- A good listener and communicator
- Good eye for detail
- Strong team player
- Problem solver