Univision is seeking a talented Editor based in Miami, FL to support news shows on our streaming service, PrendeTV and other network shows. The editor works closely with assigned show producers to ensure material is ready for air.
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Mar 22, 2022
The responsibilities of the position include following strategies and standard operating procedures established for the group.
This individual must be a strategic and creative thinker, a self-starter, and a collaborator willing to learn and share ideas.
- Responsible for editing all different types of videos for all network news shows.
- Edit short form and long form pieces.
- Ensure all material is delivered in a timely manner (tight deadlines)
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
- Work closely with reporters, producers and other editors
- Find content on feeds to properly edit to script
- Search for proper archive video to edit stories
- Work efficiently and in a timely manner to ensure all videos make air on time.
- Consolidate all videos for archive after show is completed
- Edit and Send show or updates to master control
- Responsible to help report, track and follow up on technical incidents until they are resolved with Content Management and Engineering Department.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays with flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives, as well as extended hours during hurricanes and continuous coverage.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Broadcast Communications
- Minimum 2 years of experience in video editing
- Expert knowledge editing on Avid Media Composer
- Knowledge I-news rundown
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) required
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Perform well in a fast-paced environment and breaking news situations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be willing to work from office in Miami, FL
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, and sit for up to (8) hours