The Discover Universal Team plays a critical role in building the Universal Parks and Resorts brand through editorial content, podcasts, and videos. The Universal Studios Hollywood Editor will play an integral role in driving content and building our consumer brand.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jan 05, 2023
- Contribute to the overall editorial strategy and execution of high quality and rich storytelling with a focus on articles that build our brand and appeal to the audiences of Universal Studios Hollywood
- Work to maintain the ongoing content calendar for Discover Universal Blog, ensuring a steady queue of content
- Help establish and sustain our brand tone in a way that connects emotionally with our customers
- Assist in executing a guest-first editorial content strategy
- Develop, write and edit articles, planning guides and features
- Oversee Hollywood-based members of the Internal Network of Writers
- Participate in weekly editorial meeting
- Plan and coordinate approvals and internal channel integration for blogs
- Collaborate and develop always-on blog initiative series to span the entire calendar year – e.g., evergreen content, planning series, destination guides, guest stories, etc.
Manage Content and Platform Development
- Edit and review content written by other writers
- Assist with the management of the Discover Universal Blog as a digital platform.
- Work with internal partners to develop sharing strategies and distribution plans in an effort to reach a wide range of audiences with editorial content.
- Analyze and track campaign performance, making real-time recommendations and help solidify and operationalize global KPIs and dashboards.
- Work collaboratively across the business.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
M&S Org Integration
- Liaise with other teams—including: social, digital, video, marketing, sales, and operations—to support editorial needs and the development of the business.
- Works with internal and external partners to plan, develop and execute content projects
- Supports the development of presentations to gain both internal and external buy-in and approvals on projects
- Foster and build strategic relationships with internal and external partners
- Work with PMs to ensure all stakeholders have up to date info on project milestones, and are hitting deadlines
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of online platforms like WordPress, Workfront, Adobe, and Google Analytics.
- Strong writing skills and also an understanding of brand journalism and a sensibility for what makes captivating visual media, such as graphics, photography and video.
- Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling storytelling.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant career experience in (Communications, Marketing, Advertising. Journalism or related field is preferred)
- 3-5+ years’ experience in magazine, blog or other print and online publishing, public relations, advertising, marketing or a related communications field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $68,000-90,000