The Previs Editor is central to a project. The Third Floor’s previs editors will cut together a variety of projects using shots generated by previs artists, temp material provided by client, sound and music.
You will be working directly with high profile clients and your ability to be agile, adaptable, detail oriented while under tight deadlines is to your advantage. You must know Avid and Premiere like the back of your hand as well as knowledge of rough animation/motion graphics editing.
Project based work. Remote to start but must be available to transition to onsite work near Fayetteville, GA , south of Atlanta.
- Edit using animated Quicktimes, storyboards, ripped footage etc.
- Coordinate with the previs supervisor to acquire all shots to be used in the final project.
- Work directly with the client during edit sessions and implement notes and ideas on the fly.
- Participate in story discussions and suggest additional shots.
- Edit sound effects and music.
- Record temp dialogue and edit into sequence.
- Effectively take notes and feedback and apply supervisor's and director's notes to sequences.
- Catalogue and manage all work, edit versions, desktop computer files.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and operate independently without assistance.
- Knowledge of rough animation/motion graphics on editing platforms.
- At least 3 years professional experience in digital editing using AVID and/or PREMIERE (ideally, both)
- Must have experience cutting picture, sound and music.
- Solid knowledge of film terminology, film techniques, film editing styles, film mixing, and film in general.
- Knowledge of audio/video compression and converters for client delivery.
- Technical understanding of PC and Mac OS X (Hardware & Software).
- Detail oriented with an ability to meet frequent deadlines.
- Able to take direction and work well with others.
- Ability to work with people in a collaborative environment.
- Must have strong storytelling skills.
- Must have great communication skills with high profile clients in the film industry.
To be considered: include your resume, demo reel/ portfolio link (and password, if needed), and demo reel breakdown (or, alternatively, a written detailed breakdown/contribution) with your application.