HuffPost is looking for a skilled copy editor to perform line and copy edits across the site, including text, video scripts and social media content.
Nov 20, 2023
HuffPost is looking for a skilled copy editor to perform line and copy edits across the site, including text, video scripts and social media content. Copy editors at HuffPost take on all types of stories, including breaking news, enterprise stories, lifestyle articles and in-depth features. They fix basic grammar issues and offer big-picture edits. They can help reporters reframe and restructure stories as needed.
This is a six-month fixed-term role, working Monday through Friday.
- Edit stories from across all sections of HuffPost
- Edit breaking news, liveblogs, push alerts and video scripts
- Independently write polished, compelling headlines and social copy
- Assist with photo selection and ensure stories are visually appealing
- Help to maintain a consistent voice for the site
- Occasionally take on temporary additional tasks and responsibilities
- Sharp news judgment and high editorial standards
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Expert command of grammar
- The ability to make bigger-picture fixes to stories beyond basic copy edits
- Breaking news experience or a strong willingness to learn
- A willingness to work with reporters of all skill levels
- Enthusiasm for working on stories of all types — from hard news investigations to quick viral pieces
- The ability to make tough editorial decisions in high-pressure situations
- 2+ years of editing experience at a national outlet
Salary: $90,000 per annual